In the past few months, we’ve been working with government organizations who need to manage data more effectively than before. Here is a sample…
Small Town Government – Online Issue Tracking
Fort Dodge, Iowa (population ~25,000) is like most small towns – they have limited resources, yet they have a lot of issues to be tracked. Adapt Data Solutions was brought in to explain web-based issue tracking to their team and its advantages. Here are a few of the issues that had been tracked manually and needed to be tracked online:
- Water department complaints
- Nuisance reports (weeds in city parks)
- Streets department issues (pothole reports, etc.)
Fort Dodge continues to explore ways to reduce wastes and effectively manage their system.
County government using Adapt Data Solutions & EnterpriseWizard for web-based repair management
Who: Chester County, Pennsylvania Emergency Services
What: Need to track radio system repairs for emergency services
Solution: Hosted version of EnterpriseWizard configured by Adapt Data Solutions
Chester County’s system allows users to create radio network repair requests using a web form. Police, Fire, EMS, etc. can simply login and report an outage or defective radio. Email alerts were configured to notify technicians and management. The online repair tracking system is successfully being used across Chester County to streamline repair issues.
Issue tracking systems for a micro business
It’s fascinating (to me anyway) to watch a small business grow. At first, a company may only have a small handful of employees and face a hundred “issue tracking” problems…
- Which customers are my most profitable?
- Which products or services cause me and my customers the most pain?
- How can I manage support questions, invoicing, tracking billing hours, etc.?
- Are the things I’m not even measuring keeping me from growing my business?
There’s simply a lot of things (issues) to track. QuickBooks is a good start for a one-person company to track financial records. Excel can do in a pinch for a few things. You can scrounge up a simple record tracking system in MS Access to track a few issues. But things can quickly become a mess.
I recently met a man who created an elaborate system of Excel spreadsheets to run a small business. He had over 100! Excel files keeping track of everything from customer payments to inventory to quality issues to shipments to supplier invoices. These Excel files were all interlinked and amazingly just sort of “worked”… for a while. Then, two things happened, the company began to grow (and outgrew Excel as a MRP/CRM system) and the guy who created this system left the company. Ouch!
A Better Way: EnterpriseWizard CRM Issue Tracking Software that Scales and Adapts
Contrast that company with small businesses (SMB) and organizations that start with EnterpriseWizard. Some clear advantages over the “DIY issue tracking” approach used above:
- EnterpriseWizard – CRM and Issue Tracking Software in one! Your SMB may only need a simple issue tracking software system to start. Months later, your needs may change. With EnterpriseWizard, you can add as many issue tracking tables and a full CRM system – all for one cost (the seats used).
- Scales with your business. The poor guys using Excel learned the hard way. Do it yourself (DIY) MRP/CRM systems often fail for many reasons.
- Hosted solutions work great for SMBs who lack IT staff.
- Low cost to start.
- Web based issue tracking. Don’t worry about what Microsoft will be doing in Windows 7 and whether that will mean that you’ll have to upgrade your issue tracking software: with EnterpriseWizard, you can be sure that it will continue to work in your web browser.
A few questions….
- Does your company need to track supplier quality?
- How do you manage supplier quality data? Paper? Excel spreadsheets? Access?
- What about metrics? Do you have a supplier scorecard? A supplier quality dashboard?
- Do your suppliers respond quickly to quality issues (corrective action reports, audit findings, etc.)? Do you have to nag them in order to get a response?
- How much money is wasted in your company chasing supplier quality issues and generating reports?
Imagine a better way to manage supplier quality issues. Imagine a low cost, online system that allowed your suppliers to login and update corrective action reports. Imagine not having to send repeated “nag notices” to suppliers reminding them to follow up on quality issues. Imagine having a powerful supplier quality dashboard that is easily accessed by the people in your company who need it. Imagine the next time an auditor (ISO, etc.) visits your site and compliments your oversight of supplier quality.
We can help.
If you would like to streamline your supplier quality management system take a few minutes and read this brief PDF on creating a simple web-based supplier quality portal. In just a few days, Adapt Data Solutions can help you use EnterpriseWizard to more effectively manage quality in your supply chain.
We’re moving into a new office space to better serve our customers.
Our new facility is located in the beautiful building shown here within the ISU Research Park in Ames, Iowa. We now have extremely fast and reliable internet access and will be able to better manage customer projects from this site.
Our new address:
Adapt Data Solutions
2321 North Loop Drive, Suite 110
Ames, Iowa 50010
Shoot us an email if you have any questions about this move.